Planning service for for planners, engineers and architects.
We offer a comprehensive planning and calculation services designed specifically for planners, engineers and architects.
Update version 21.05 (April 2022)
The following changes and extensions have been made to the new version:
- Calculation of inclined main secondary beam connections such as rafter -purlins connections or inclined roof beam connections for RICON, GIGANT, RICON S and MEGANT
- Fire resistance (according to EN 1995-1-2) for main secondary beam connections with the connectors RICON, GIGANT, RICON S and MEGANT.
- Shear reinforcement with fully threaded screws of main and secondary beams with RICON, GIGANT, RICON S and MEGANT connectors
- Improved visualisation and calculation of the combined verification between shear force in the direction of insertion and the clamping moment due to the torsional spring stiffness for the MEGANT.
- Tilt verification of secondary beams for MEGANT, such as for for very high secondary beams in warehouses or supermarkets.
- Assembly drawing for MEGANT, also with through-slotted secondary beams.
- Notching analysis in the secondary beam. The previous shear force verification for shear connections with a/h>0.7 is no longer used.
- For better reference the structural analysis is given in a Microsoft Word output table.
- Available in German, English, French and Polish
The Knapp DC Static tool is available for the following connecting systems MEGANT®, GIGANT, RICON®, RICON® S and RICON® stainless steel. It allows to easy create auditable documents and to plan all projects safely!
The tool is available for free to download.
Dimensioning tools satisfying all requirements
We offer you three options: load capacity tables, a dimensioning tool, or our personal planner service.
- With the load capacity tables, you can quickly and easily choose the static values.
- By using the dimensioning tool, you can make your own pre-dimensioning.
- Through the planner service, our engineers will personally assist you with the pre-dimensioning of your projects. The close cooperation during the planning phase is very efficient for the realization of your projects.
Load capacity tables
The characteristic values and the measurements according to ETA-10/0189 (edition 29.03.2019) are listed in the load capacity tables and are chosen based on your criteria. A selected pre-dimensioning can be calculated easily and quickly. Furthermore, it is possible to calculate oblique connections with the chosen screws. The load capacity tables are available for the connectors GIGANT, RICON, RICON S and RICON in stainless steel.
When using the dimensioning tool, timber dimensions and the required connector sizes can be calculated easily, no time-consuming pre-dimensioning necessary. This is an auxiliary tool that provides the planner and structural engineer with a basis for the static calculation of the projects.
The calculation tool for the connectors RICON®, RICON® in stainless steel and RICON® S is available to our customers free of charge after registration.
Personal planner service
Do you have a project and wish to use KNAPP® connectors? Then you will benefit from our calculation service. Within the framework of your project, our engineers prepare a pre-dimensioning calculation with advice about the suitable connectors. Please contact us and send us the connection details and the load values of your project. Note: our planer service will not replace the approval of an accredited structural engineer.
We provide CAD drawings. This service is available without prior login. Under the product downloads tab, you will find the CAD drawings for each connecting system. Are any drawing missing? Then please contact us.
European Technical Assessment (ETA)
Our connecting systems are all certified by the latest European Technical Assessment (ETA). The ETA of the connecting systems MEGANT®, RICON®S, GIGANT, RICON®, WALCO® und T-JOINT is available in the product download section.
Declaration of performance (DOP)
In accordance with the Construction Products Regulations (CPR), we provide a Declaration of Performance (DOP) for our connectors systems. Please download the following link.
Tender specification texts
We provide you with tender texts. You can read, copy and download them here
Download Tender specification texts